Keyon, a fencer and coach at MTFC, recently suffered a bad fall and had to undergo emergency surgery. MTFC is running a benefit tournament for him on May 25th. Please try to attend to help out a fellow fencer!!
Attendees: Rachel Peterson, Mike Reiter, Dan Berke, Allan Geller, Sylvie Troxel
- Web site – worth keeping? Pump up the look? Definitely get the refund form working
- JO qualifiers – same weekend as a rain city RYC. Looking to move – possibly weekend after thanksgiving
- LAO set up on AskFred. Vet events added
- We need more Leon medals. Wine for supplementary prize. 5 bottles wine, 5 bottles alt beverages.
- Snacks needed also for 15 people
- Alan hiring refs. Dan – Need to look into hotels near SAS.
- Dan to reach out to Aly for trainer
- Armory for LAO. Andy or Ken. Alan to get them lined up
- Need to get More championship trophies – men’s and women’s saber, and 3 weapon need to be replaced. Action – Mike. $250 / trophy budget
- Getting more Board representation / input – We will put a notice on the Facebook page for the next meeting for Division members to attend if they want.
Here’s a handy cheat sheet to help you navigate USA Fencing’s membership system to decide what type of membership you need. Click to get an enlarged view…
Thanks to David Sapery for putting this together!!
As usual, December was a productive NAC for Western Washington fencers. This year, having the NAC in Portland made it easier for fencers to attend, increasing the number of participants and leading to a whopping 20 medals for WWD fencers!!
Congratulations to everyone who medaled, and to everyone who participated. Remember, just showing up means you finished ahead of everyone who didn’t come!
Division medalists for the December NAC:
|Kundry Haberkern||DV1WE classification||5th
The following fencers are (unofficially) pre-qualified for this season’s Junior Olympics and so do not need to fence at the divisional qualifier event this Saturday, November 18th, at Rain City Fencing Center.
Note that all fencers are responsible for checking their own qualification. The rules are available at the Junior Olympics event page; scroll down and select the “Eligibility” tab. Both national and regional point lists are available on the USA Fencing site.
Tommy PakVanya Ponomarev
Attendees: Mike, Rachel, Alan, Sylvie, Dan
- Error noted in previous minutes – the Leon Auriol is not a ROC, the SIV Cup is
- Season wrap up. No major comments. The season went reasonably smoothly.
- Chase bank needs the Secretary to complete the transfer of account from Joe Hoover to Sylvie Troxel. It could also be a letter from the Secretary on WWD letterhead. Joe, Sylvie, and Mike to coordinate.
- May also consider switching banks.
- Treasurer to investigate electronic payment options
- Schedule for next season – sent out previously. No known issues
- Starting the process of hiring refs for the LaO. Should be mostly local.
- Scoring machines – MTFC is interested in buying surplus devices. Ours need the saber updates. 2 reels per machine and 4 scoring devices. Need to check inventory and determine location. Kael Sherrard is also interested.
- Comparable new devices cost an estimated $1400 (scoring machine and reels)
- Sale price to be negotiated
- Membership renewals for the Board – USFA has restructured this, so now the Professional price is a la carte. Division will cover the extra cost but not the competitive membership. Non competitive memberships will also be covered for the board.
- Need to replace some of the Division trophies.